Gumbo Ya Ya will perform at Lincoln Peak Vineyard on Friday, May 25, 6-8 pm. Gumbo YaYa is a rock and roll stew, cooking up Soul Calypso, R&B, worldgroove, and New Orleans funk, topped with delicious spicy solos and improvisations, served with an uplifting message, and fine vocals. Tunes are dished up by the superbly funky Felix Anderson on drums and Glenn Goodwin on bass, Jim Carroll and John Dickason on guitars, and taken into the interstellar reaches by Ron Rost on keys and Poppy Rees on vocals.
The vineyard opens at 5:30 for picnicking. Delicious hot food available from The Antidote, and wine by the glass. Admission is free. Bring lawn chairs or a picnic blanket.
No alcohol may be brought onto the grounds, and please leave your pets at home. The concert series happens rain or shine– there’s room on the winery porch in the case of rain.
The Antidote Menu
- Old Bay & Pilsner Poached peel-and-eat shrimp with a lemon basil aioli
- Misty Knoll smoked chicken wings with jalapeno ranch dipping sauce
- BBQ’d VT Beef Roll – slow smoked VT beef on a buttered roll topped with a Memphis bbq sauce and house pickles
Small dishes ($5):
- Ramp pesto & roasted tomato rice pasta salad
- Spice grilled corn tossed with sharp cheddar and pickled jalapeno ranch
- Strawberry shortcake