DUE TO HEAVY RAIN LAST WEEK, LC JAZZ HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED to FRIDAY, AUGUST 24
LC Jazz, a 17-piece “big band,” is back for their fourth show-stopping evening at Lincoln Peak Vineyard on Friday, Aug 24, 2018, 6-8 pm. The ensemble has been playing jazz standards from the big band era– Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Sammy Nestico, and other swing jazz greats– for 20 years. The band is a Vergennes-based non-profit organization and sponsors music scholarships at our three area high schools: MUHS, MAUHS and VUHS. Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
The vineyard opens at 5:30 for picnicking. Delicious hot food available from The Antidote, and wine by the glass. Admission is free. Bring lawn chairs or a picnic blanket.
No alcohol may be brought onto the grounds, and please leave your pets at home. The concert series happens rain or shine– there’s room on the winery porch in the case of rain.
The Antidote Menu
- Old Bay & Pilsner Poached peel-and-eat shrimp with a lemon basil aioli
- Korean BBQ’d Pork Tacos – Duclose and Thompson pulled pork
- 18 Hour Brisket Sandwich – slow smoked VT Brisket on a seeded bun with mustard slaw and K.C. BBQ sauce
Small dishes ($5):
- Minted cucumber and chickpea salad
- Spice grilled corn tossed with sharp cheddar and pickled jalapeno ranch
- Strawberry shortcake