Snake Mountain Bluegrass will perform at Lincoln Peak Vineyard on Friday, July 20, 6-8 pm. Snake Mountain’s “toe-tapping tunes combine the best of modern and traditional bluegrass”, according to Seven Days, with harmonies and songs that vary in tempo from “breakdown” to ballad. They will be playing tunes from their new album, “For Keeps,” as well as many traditional favorites.
Retired Middlebury College Professor Gregg Humphrey (guitar and vocals) and Middlebury construction company owner Mike Connor (banjo and vocals) formed Snake Mountain Bluegrass about thirty years ago. They are joined by Earle Provin (mandolin and resophonic guitar), and Jacob Blumberg (bass). Provin is a graphic artist living in Poultney. Blumberg recently moved to Middlebury from Brooklyn. He works as a producer, mastering engineer and multi-instrumentalist for Mason Jar Music with studios in Brooklyn and Nashville. The band will be joined at Lincoln Peak by fiddle whiz Caleb Elder.
The vineyard opens at 5:30 for picnicking. Delicious hot food available from The Antidote, and wine by the glass. Admission is free. Bring lawn chairs or a picnic blanket.
No alcohol may be brought onto the grounds, and please leave your pets at home. The concert series happens rain or shine– there’s room on the winery porch in the case of rain.
The Antidote Menu
- Old Bay & Pilsner Poached peel-and-eat shrimp with a lemon basil aioli
- Korean bbq’d Pork Tacos – Duclos Thompson pulled pork topped with a spicy Korean BBQ sauce and house-made kimchee on flour tortillas
- 18-Hour Brisket Sandwich – slow smoked VT brisket on a seeded bun with mustard slaw and K.C. BBQ
Small dishes ($5):
- Minted cucumber and chickpea salad
- Spice grilled corn tossed with sharp cheddar and pickled jalapeno ranch
- Strawberry shortcake